Submission deadline: November 15th, 2020
There is no submission fee. Selected composers will receive an honorarium (see below).
- All living composers, regardless of age, nationality, background, stylistic approach or experience are welcome to apply. We also welcome submissions from publishers, agents, or managers on behalf of living composers. We particularly encourage submissions from those who identify as belonging to historically marginalized or underrepresented groups.
- Submissions should be for one piano, four hands. Works including electronics are accepted. Non-traditional scores or approaches to notation are welcome. Extended techniques of all sorts are permitted, so long as they do not cause damage to the instrument.
- You may submit multiple works. Please complete a separate submission form for each entry.
- Works must be original, or arrangements of existing works by the same composer. Arrangements of works by other composers are not accepted. Works may be unperformed, or previously performed, unpublished or published (so long as the composer is able to release the rights to perform and livestream the piece to Piano Pinnacle).
- We will accept works of any duration; however, please consider that works exceeding 15 minutes in length may be more difficult to program, for the purpose of this call.
Along with a PDF score (or equivalent performance instructions), you will be asked to submit a short biography, headshot, recording (optional and if available – MIDI accepted, but live recordings are preferred), and program notes.
Each selected composer will receive an honorarium of $50 CAD, and agrees to license the rights to livestream performances and digital broadcast of the piece to Piano Pinnacle. Selected composers will be asked to prepare a short video introducing their work for promotional purposes.
We rely on your support to sustain our operations, and would welcome and appreciate any support you can afford to help us produce these concerts. If you are able, you can donate any amount you wish via this link (donations, or lack thereof, will not affect application outcome). Please support us by following our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter), where our live concerts may ultimately be broadcast and publicized, and/or subscribe to our e-mail list.
Please submit your work via this link: https://forms.gle/7iiwGqZvxr7y2r4r5
For any additional questions, please contact our manager: Sarah Nantel