Piano Pinnacle Call for Scores 2011 (Piano Duo Works)
Piano Pinnacle is looking for original one-minute piano duo compositions (two pianos, four hands). Ten compositions will be selected for performance on August 27th, 2011, at the Roy Barnett Recital Hall in Vancouver, BC.
- -All submissions must be received by July 1st, 2011
- -The call is open to composers of any age, and stylistic approach.
- -The call is open to Canadian Composers only, and priority is given to BC residents.
- -Scores must be submitted as PDF files (they may be engraved, or in legible hand-writing), and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- -Works must be one minute in length. Works that are significantly longer will not be considered.
- -The composer must also send a 50-word biography, and a headshot, along with the score. The composer may also attach a 50-word programme note.
- -Works must be original, and composed within the past five years. Arrangements are not accepted.
A maximum of 10 works will be selected by the performers (Deborah Grimmett, and Iman Habibi), and will be performed on August 27th, 2011. An archival recording will also be provided for the composers. While there is only room for ten works on the programme, Piano Pinnacle will still consider the remaining submissions for future events, and make an effort to perform them, if possible. There is no submission fee.
Please forward any questions to: email@example.com